According to the assessment of the National Cyber Security Center (NCSC), any organization or business with an information system will face the risk of cyber attacks. Especially with the recent increase in major attacks focusing on industries such as banking, securities, government, education, aviation, e-commerce, retail supply chains, websites… Attack forms are more and more diverse and sophisticated, not only causing damage to the information system but also stealing confidential data, causing financial loss as well as the reputation of enterprises, organization.
Cyber attacks are the top threat to businesses
What should businesses do to proactively protect themselves against these potential threats? With many years of experience in the field of information security, HPT would like to introduce Penetration Testing service, abbreviated as Pentest – A solution that help businesses get ready to respond to cyber attacks.
FIND OUT ABOUT PENTEST1. What is Pentest and how does it work?
Pentest is a form of assessing the security of information systems by simulated real attacks. Security experts (pentester) will pretend to be hackers, try to find out the way to to penetrate the system to detect vulnerabilities and security risks that cyber criminals can exploit, then propose solutions to strengthen the security fence in the future.2. Pentest forms
|Pentesters will perform simulated attacks on the system without providing any information
|Pentesters are provided a piece of information about the system that is about to simulate the attack
|Pentesters are provided full details about the system that needs to simulate the attack
Pentesters pretend to be hackers for simulating the real cyber attacks
3. Frequency of performing Pentest
Information technology systems always have vulnerabilities and risks that can be exploited with the development of forms of cyber attacks... Therefore, to ensure the safety of their information systems, businesses should perform pentests every six months or once per year. Some of the best times to deploy Pentest are:
- Get more network infrastructure or new equipment
- Update or adjust applications, infrastructure
- Reinstall the system
- Updated new security fixes
HPT TOP REPUTABLE PENETRATION TESTING (PENTEST) SERVICE PROVIDER
WHY DO BUSINESSES NEED TO PERFORM PENETRATION TESTING FOR THEIR IT SYSTEMS
- The development of web app, mobile app: In the digital economy era, it is imperative for businesses to develop websites and mobile applications to be able to reach, connect, communicate and enhance the customer experience anytime, anywhere. Along with those utilities, both users and businesses have to face many risks such as: being hacked into websites and applications, having customer information stolen, infected with malicious code...
The development of Web and App applications is increasing, currently becoming the target of attacks by hackers
- “Digital transformation” is a phrase that businesses are talking about every day: Applying technology to operation and management helps to optimize costs, human resources, perform business activities faster and more efficiently. Popular platforms such as CRM, ERP, IoT devices... are very effective support for businesses. However, this activity also increases information security risks if there is no proper security solution.
- The trend of using "as-a-service" pay-on-demand service software increases: The distribution of applications, software, infrastructure and platforms as a service (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) , FaaS) requires a constant internet connection, which means an increased risk of disruption attacks, affecting the user experience.
Cyber attacks have huge consequences and the cost of recovering from attacks is not small. Therefore, Pentest helps to anticipate, forecast risks to overcome it proactively before hackers cause greater damage to businesses.
BENEFITS OF PENETRATION TESTING PENTEST
- Finding vulnerabilities before external attackers that are difficult for software to test, minimize damage to information assets, secure and maintain business operations.
- Upgrading Security of systems, applications, databases, important business and user information, ...
- Maintaining and ensuring credibility with customers, partners and confidential data of enterprises and organizations.
- Meeting industry-specific requirements or international standards such as PCIDSS, GDPR, ISO 27001.
Choosing a penetration testing service provider will play a huge role in assisting businesses in evaluating and recommending solutions for their systems.
- HPT's penetration testing service is honored to receive high praise from professionals with many prestigious awards such as Sao Khue 2022, Typical Service Award 2021
- Top engineer team who are trained with international standard information security certificates have a lot of real practical experience. They always update and improve their level to respond to the rapid change of more complex forms of cyber attacks.
- For each type of service, HPT applies international standards suitably to each different test object such as: OWASP, PTES, PCI DSS, NIST, ISSAF, OSSTMM, CIS Benchmarks... along with advanced technologies advances in the field of Information Security Testing… brings a standardized, efficient and comprehensive assessment process.
- HPT always has clear terms and commitments before, during and after the testing process to ensure that the activities are carried out confidentially and safely.
- With the wealth of knowledge and experience in project implementation, HPT always has a lot of solutions to help businesses maximize benefits, quality and minimize costs.